Monday, December 5, 2011

I Saw God Today

I was by myself running the mile this morning, wishing I had pepper spray. Every male walker was suspicious, even if he had a golden retriever or small dogs. As I kept looking down the street praying that one of the girls I run with would show up on this cold, early morning, so that I could be relieved of my ridiculous paranoia, I was treated to this beautiful sight.  I love that song by George Strait, "I Saw God Today." It reminds me to be on the lookout for the little, but powerful, ways that I see God in my life daily.


Imagine pink and gold. When I finally got around to taking a picture of it, the pink had disappeared, but it was breathtakingly gorgeous still. It's like golden waves rippling through the morning sky, almost like a glimpse of heaven.


*My several attempts to try to get the perfect picture. These still don't do it justice!*

I love that our Father in Heaven cares so much about us that He created this beautiful world for us to live in. There really is a lot to be thankful for.

1 comment: